I’ve been making a lot of tasty homemade Colombian soups lately and I want to share one of those recipes with you today. It’s important for me to show you the everyday Colombian recipes I grew up with and love. This is my mom’s Rice and Pork Soup recipe…it’s easy to make, inexpensive and it tastes great!
- 2 pounds pork neck bones or pork ribs
- 8 cups water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup aliños sauce
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/2 cup uncooked rice
- Salt and pepper
- In a large pot, place all the ingredients, except the rice and cilantro. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add the rice and continue simmering for about 25 minutes more or until the rice is tender.
- Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the cilantro and serve with avocado on the side.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...