Sopa de Arroz con Espinazo de Cerdo (Rice and Pork Soup)
- 2 pounds pork neck bones or pork ribs
- 8 cups water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ cup aliuños sauce
- 2 potatoes peeled and diced
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup carrots diced
- ½ cup peas
- ½ cup uncooked rice
- Salt and pepper
- In a large pot, place all the ingredients, except the rice and cilantro. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add the rice and continue simmering for about 25 minutes more or until the rice is tender.
- Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the cilantro and serve with avocado on the side.
Have you Tried this Recipe? Tag me Today!Mention @mycolombianrecipes and tag #mycolombianrecipes!
I've been making a lot of tasty homemade Colombian soups lately and I want to share one of those recipes with you today. It's important for me to show you the everyday Colombian recipes I grew up with and love. This is my mom's Rice and Pork Soup recipe...it's easy to make, inexpensive and it tastes great!
What a tasty soup Erica, perfect for this cold and rainy weather that we are experiencing now. Like the idea of lots of cilantro.
Hope you have a wonderful week ahead 🙂
Nice recipe, mom! I bet it's chock full of flavor!
What a wonderful soup, Erica. Love the cumin in this. I don't make a lot of soups but will definitely save this recipe!
I love my soup and always have a stash of pork bones for spaghetti sauce! This is so comforting and warming - perfect for December and love the cumin for deeper flavor. You're - right it is easy (a plus in my book).
lovely soup and I am sure your an amazing mummy and they eat well thats for sure
I love hearing about your homey comfort foods, so keep em coming! This soup sounds delicious. Definitely something to curl up with!
Thank you everyone!