Crema de Mazorca or Choclo is a simple and delicious Colombian creamy corn soup. This soup is comforting and full of flavor. This soup recipe is easy to make and it doesn't required a lot of ingredients.
In the Andean zone of Colombia, corn is very popular and we use it in a lot of our recipes. This is a very easy to make ,rich and creamy Corn Soup recipe.
Cremay Corn Soup Recipe
- 4 ears corn kernels scraped from the cob
- 5 cups water
- 2 chicken or vegetable bouillon cubes
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup white potatoes diced
- ½ cup chopped scallions
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Place the corn, water, chicken or vegetable bouillon, garlic, salt, pepper, cilantro, potatoes and scallions in a large pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for approximately 4 minutes or until the corn is tender.
- Remove from the heat. Puruée the soup in a blender and return to the pot, add the cream and heat over medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into bowls, garnish with cilantro and potato sticks.
This is one my favorite ways to use fresh corn during the summer. This corn soup is easy to make and full of flavor. Sometimes I like to add potato sticks on top for a crunchy texture.
More Recipes to make with Corn