Banana Orange Bread (Pan de Banano y Naranja)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 5 ripe bananas mashed
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Pinch salt
- ½ cup melted butter
- Rind and juice from 1 medium orange
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- Confectioners sugar for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Grease bottom of a loaf pan and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder into a bowl, add sugar, the cinnamon and salt.
- In a medium bowl add the mashed bananas, the eggs,honey,almond extract, butter, orange juice and rind.
- Add the banana mixture into the flour mixture and stir until smooth. Add the cranberries.
- Spoon the batter into prepare pan and bake about 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center come out clean.
- Cool on wire rack and sprinkle with sugar.
I love classic banana bread, but I don’t like to bake. So I usually eat it when my mother-in-law makes it for me. However, we were invited to a last minute dinner party and I didn’t have anything to bring, but I always have bananas at home, so I decided to create this Banana Orange Bread and everybody liked it. Enjoy!