Barras de Limón (Simple Lime-Lemon Bars)
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Zest of 1 lime
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- Juice of 2 limes
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 lime
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9 by 12 inch pan and set aside.
- To make the crust: Combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, zest and sugar. Press into the prepared pan, pressing the crust mixture one inch up the side of the pan. Bake for 7 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- To make the filling: Put the sweet condensed milk in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed, about 2 minutes. Add the egg yolks, lime, lemon juice and zest. Beat until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Turn off the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Pour the filling over the baked crust, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until just set. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let its cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut into bars with a sharp knife.
Have you Tried this Recipe? Tag me Today!Mention @mycolombianrecipes and tag #mycolombianrecipes!
I have quick and easy recipe for you to sweeten your day. I love this type of dessert, simple, sweet, and tangy. These Simple Lemon Bars are a crowd pleaser, ensuring that everyone will be licking their lips wanting more. I love creamy, citrus desserts. The tangy lemon flavor complements the sweetness of the sweet condensed milk perfectly.
Erica, what a nice lemony dessert. like the condensed milk in it. Simple and so tasty 🙂
Hope you are having a great week!
like a key lime bar fun
Simply awesome, you mean! You know how much I love citrus!
Of course, anything with condensed milk just has to be delicious! 🙂 Love these bars, Erica!
isn't sweetened condensed milk just the most wonderful thing!?! great bars ,erica!
I made these for my kiddos yesterday and the bars were easy to make and delicious.
I just made these over the weekend, delicious! So easy to prepare and perfect for the hot weather!
how may bars does this make?