I have been craving pecan pie for a while now. I've never actually made one and I've only eaten it once before, and that was bought at my local market. So, I decided to make one at home and I loved this recipe.
It was not as sweet as the one I ate before. My husband told me that it wasn't in fact as sweet as traditional pecan pie, which was perfect for me as I don't like very sweet deserts. It's great because you can eat it without feeling sick from sugar.
Individual Pecan Pies
- 1 basic pie dough homemade or store bought
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup corn syrup
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cups chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, brown sugar, regular sugar, salt, corn syrup and vanilla until blended. Whisk in the melted butter. Stir in the pecans.
- On a clean, lightly floured work surface, roll out the pie dough. Make circles and place in individual, non stick molds. Make little holes at the bottom with a fork. Pour the filling into the pie shells.
- Preheat an oven to 350°F.
- Bake the pies until the filling is set but is still slightly soft in the center, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool slightly. Top each with a dollop of whipped cream and serve.