Lasagna de Pollo con Champiñones (Chicken and Mushroom Lasagna)
- 1 lb. dried lasagna noodles
- 4 chicken breast cooked and shredded
- ½ cup chicken broth
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 pound portobello mushrooms diced
- ½ tablespoon of fresh thyme
- u20282 garlic cloves minced
- ¼ cup finely chopped onions
- 3 cups milk
- 4 Tbs. unsalted butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- Freshly grated nutmeg to taste
- 1 lb. whole-milk mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot full of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the noodles and cook until al dente, 8 to 12 minutes. Drain, immerse in cold water to cool and drain again. Lay the noodles on a towel and cover.
- In a fry pan over medium-low heat, warm the olive oil. Add the mushrooms, thyme, onion, garlic and sautué until very soft and lightly golden, about 15 minutes. Add the shredded chicken and chicken broth, stir and cook for about 5 more minutes. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring the milk to just below a boil. In another saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Stir the flour into the butter and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and gradually whisk in the hot milk. Set over medium-low heat and cook, stirring, until thick and smooth, 3 to 4 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Remove the sauce from the heat.
- Position a rack in the upper third of an oven and preheat to 375°F. Grease a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with olive oil.
- Cover the bottom of the baking dish with a layer of the noodles. Spoon one-third of the white sauce over the noodles. Top with one-third of the mushroom-chicken mixture and then with one-third of the mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat the layering twice. Sprinkle the parmesan evenly over the top. Bake until golden and bubbling, 40 to 50 minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes, then cut into squares and serve. Remove the sauce from the heat.
Happy December everyone!
There are those dishes that are all about comfort. I don’t know about you, but I find endless possibilities to create comfort food with pasta dishes, especially in a lasagna dish with different flavors and textures. This lasagna with chicken, mushrooms and white sauce is popular in Colombia and I absolutely love it!
A simple recipe, wonderful on the day it's made, and just as good the next day. Serve it with a tossed green salad on the side for a perfect lunch.
I can't believe it's December. That white sauce looks fantastic!
Happy December to you too, Erica! What a delicious new twist on lasagna...love it!
Yes, this certainly is comfort food! Now if I can just get my daughter to eat mushrooms!
I love this Erica! What lovely recipe! I love chicken lasagna! look nice,Happy December dear! gloria
Mouthwatering comfort food!
Oh man this looks too good to pass up! I just put it on next week's meal plan, my boys are just going to have to pick out the mushrooms :OP
Looks fabulous! I'm adding the ingredients to my grocery list for tomorrow! My husband loves lasagna and I love mushrooms.
Nice combination for the lasagna and it looks so good with that charred crispy cheese.
Christine @ Fresh Local and Best
This must be quite a meaty textured lasagna with portobello mushrooms. It looks delicious, I like that you included freshly grated nutmeg.
I love cheesy white lasagnas like this! Yum!
I love making pasta when I'm craving comfort foods too. This lasagna looks incredibly comforting Erica. I love the combo of the chicken with the mushrooms.
I regularly make a mushroom and chicken fajita for my kiddies, but never thoguth about a lasagna. Delicious! Will need to try this ASAP - I have no doubt that the lasagn is out of this world, particulalry with the white sauce. Delicoius.
5 Star Foodie
A terrific lasagna, I really love the mushrooms here, yum!
MMMMM,..what a festive chicken & mushrooms lasagne!!
Looks so appetizing!!
I like my lasagna crispy on top and sides...Great combo and a great comfort food.
Chicken & Mushroom is such a classic combination and yes a comfort food too. I can imagine the lovely bites and texture with the pasta.
Erica I hope you are feeling/doing well. I have been crazy busy with too much upon and haven't visited you as often as I would want to.
Looks delicious and so comforting; a perfect dish for the winter season to enjoy cooped up inside next to a small fireplace and a glass of wine.
Thank you everyone!
Yummmm, this lasagna looks delicious. Loved the combination.
Thank you guys!
Omg I had to show this to my husband. He thought my mom was crazy making lasgana with chicken but I kept trying to tell him it was a Colombian thing.... now I have the proof 🙂
Omg I miss this, I grew up in Bogota and came to live in the States when I was a teenager. I haven't found a place here with these chicken lasagnas, they were my favorite.
Ps: Do you have the sobrebarriga en salsa recipe?
Delicious, delicious, delicious. Had the whole thing to myself (small portion at a time of course :-))
Excellent! My hubby asked me to make it again soon before he even finished his plate. Thank you so much! Que delicia!!!!