Salmon con Salsa de Mandarina y aguacate (Salmon with Tangerine and Avocado Salsa)
- 2 salmon fillets
- Juice and zest of 1 tangerine
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tangerines
- 1 avocado peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- To make the marinade: mix together the tangerine juice, zest, salt pepper, honey and olive oil.
- Pour this into a large zip lock plastic bag, put the salmon fillets into the bag and place in the refrigerator to chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange the salmon on the baking sheet.
- Bake until the salmon is cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- For the salsa: Peel and trim the ends from each tangerine. Using a paring knife, cut along the membrane on both sides of each segment.
- Free the segments and add them to a small bowl. Add the avocado, red onion, olive oil, cilantro, lime juice, ground cumin, salt and red pepper. Mix and set aside.
- Spoon the salsa on top of the salmon or serve on the side as an accompaniment.
The salmon in this dish is marinated in a tangerine-honey sauce, cooked in the oven and topped with a fresh tangerine, cilantro and avocado salsa!
I love the way the flavors from the salmon complement the flavors of the tangerine and avocado salsa. This dish is easy to make and really great for spring and summer. Light, simple, elegant and full of flavor. What else could you ask for in a dish?
Love the combination of the citrus and fish! Love it!
Salmon is my favourite fish and love it with citrus. Love your salsa as well.
Carol @ Always Thyme to Cook
I love the flavors you have with the salmon and together with the salsa, looks like one fantastic dish!
Platanos, Mangoes and Me!
Welcome Spring and the start of your wonderful recipes.
I love this out-of-the-ordinary salsa! Sounds so tasty!
I made this dish last night and it was fabulous. This is what I called gourmet and yet so light and fresh tasting. Fabulous recipe that I have shared with my co-workers. Simply delicious!!!
Sue/the view from great island
I don't know how I missed this one, delicious!
Thank you guys!