I made chickpeas with ground meat for lunch yesterday and it was so simple and delicious that I decided I needed to post it for you today. This is not a dinner party dish, but if you’re looking for an easy recipe in which to use ground meat and canned chickpeas, this is a pretty good way.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 pound ground beef and ground pork
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon achiote
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cans of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- Heat the olive oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook until softened, about 4 minutes.Add the garlic and cook 2 minutes more.
- Add the ground meat, and cook until well browned, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the cumin, salt, pepper, achiote and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add in the beef stock, tomato paste and chickpeas and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and cook for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Add the cilantro and serve warm.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...