Chickpeas with Ground Meat (Garbanzos con Carne Molida)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup grated onion
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- ½ pound ground beef and ground pork
- ½ pound ground pork
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon achiote
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup beef stock
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cans of chickpeas rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- Heat the olive oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook until softened, about 4 minutes.Add the garlic and cook 2 minutes more.
- Add the ground meat, and cook until well browned, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the cumin, salt, pepper, achiote and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add in the beef stock, tomato paste and chickpeas and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and cook for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Add the cilantro and serve warm.
Have you Tried this Recipe? Tag me Today!Mention @mycolombianrecipes and tag #mycolombianrecipes!
I made chickpeas with ground meat for lunch yesterday and it was so simple and delicious that I decided I needed to post it for you today. This is not a dinner party dish, but if you're looking for an easy recipe in which to use ground meat and canned chickpeas, this is a pretty good way.
Such a great and hearty meal! Might have to show up on the plate this week!
5 Star Foodie
This dish sounds super delicious with chickpeas! Btw, I finally made your recipe of cheese arepas last night, both Jr. and I really loved them! Thanks!
Perfect! I have several cups of chickpeas that I need to use today. I don't have achiote in the house, do you think a packet of Sazon with Azafrán would work? I have saffron also.
Hi Kitty- You can use sazón con azafrán.
I made this week b4 last and it was very tasty. It's a keeper! I printed and added to my recipe folder. Easy to make & a good meal for days when I'm especially busy or exhausted. I had to use ground turkey because that was the only ground meat in the freezer that day. The sazon con azafran worked just fine but I'll buy achiote next time I can find it. Thanks
Thank you guys!
Delicious! And so easy to make. Perfect with rice on the side for lunch!
I did it 3 weeks ago and I'm doing it again tonight. Let me just say that your recipes have been a blessing and I intend to try them all!
Made this recently. Was very tasty. The pic hardly does it justice. I served it over a mashed peas and chopped spinach mixture (I've a toddler and need to get veggies in however possible.) The combination really complemented the dish which was delicious on its own.
Cooking today! Love your website so much!
Used this recipe, adding crushed tomato, as the stuffing for bell peppers. The nuttiness of the chickpeas was a welcome change to traditional rice.