This month's Creative Cooking Crew challenge is "stuff it!"
Stuffed Avocado with Shrimp and Mango Salad
- 4 ripe avocados
- Juice of 2 limes
- ½ pound shrimp cooked
- 2 ripe mangoes peeled and diced
- ½ cup grape tomatoes quarter
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chopped habanero pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients, except the avocados.
- Cut avocados in half, remove the seed
- Drizzle lime juice over avocados, this helps keep them from darkening.
- Use a spoon to stuff the avocados with the shrimp salad and serve immediately.
By now my readers know my love for avocados (aguacates), and I always have avocados at my house.
So when the Creative Cooking Crew challenge theme was revealed, I decided to stuffed one of my favorite ingredients with a fresh salad to enjoy during the summer months. I made a shrimp and mango salad with lime and cumin dressing, then I stuffed the salad into the avocados.
This Stuffed Avocado with Shrimp and Mango Salad has a wonderful combination of flavors. It will make a great addition to your next summer party or brunch, or just make it for lunch for your family. Even my kids loved this dish!