Carrots and Meatballs Soup (Sopa de Zanahoria y Albondigas)
- 4 large carrots peeled and thinly sliced
- 7 cups chicken or beef stock
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 1 scallion finely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Color or achiote
- Fresh cilantro for serving
- ½ pound beef and ground pork
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup masarepa pre-cooked cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon sazon goya with azafran
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Then add the onions and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until the onions are translucent. Add the garlic, scallions and cook for another 3 minutes.
- To make the meatballs: In a medium bowl, combine all the meatball ingredients and using your hands, mix well until combined. Divide meat mixture into equal portions and roll into balls with your hands. Place on a plate and set aside.
- Add the meatballs, carrots, cumin, color and stock to the pot. Bring to a boil. Then cover the pot and reduce the heat to medium- low and cook for about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Add fresh cilantro and serve.
Calories: 264kcalCarbohydrates: 18gProtein: 19gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 908mgPotassium: 1192mgFiber: 3gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 10228IUVitamin C: 6mgCalcium: 81mgIron: 2mg
Have you Tried this Recipe? Tag me Today!Mention @mycolombianrecipes and tag #mycolombianrecipes!
Last week I woke up craving a warm bowl of soup! There is nothing better than a bowl of homemade soup.
I had some ground meat in the refrigerator, so I thought about making meatball soup and after seeing the beautiful carrots sitting next to them, I decided to make a Carrots and Meatballs Soup. It was light, simple and delicious.
Great one pot meal! Loved it 🙂
How beautiful this looks, love the orange color if the carrots!
What a great comfort food for a rainy day!
Great looking soup!
Estupenda receta. Me encantan las albondigas, aunque nunca las he tomado así en sopa o tipo consomé. Y la verdad es que siempre viene bien como un primer plato.
Sería posible que pusieras un traductor? Por favor.
Me sería mucho más fácil y cómodo el poder visitarte.
Nice!!! Gorgeous soup. The orange color of the carrots really pops.
The color of that soup is enough to make me want to eat the whole batch!
Love that corn flour stuff you put in your meatballs; I want to try this next time.
This soup is so pretty with the orange carrots and the green cilantro! What a beautiful meal!
Thank you everyone 🙂
Gera @ SweetsFoodsBlog
Excellent gatherings for a soup …ideal for a cold day like today 🙂
What a beautiful soup Erica! I love the orange color- so pretty!
Sook @ My Fabulous Recipes
The soup looks great! It would satisfy my soup craving right now! 🙂
Wow! that looks delicious and great ingredients for a soup.
wow, i'll bet that broth tastes amazing. your massive meatballs look great, erica! 🙂
That is one beautiful springtime looking bowl of comfort. Just wonderful for our spring shower days up here. I'm making a big batch of this for those rainy days. Thanks again.
Me encanto. Esta sopa se ve tan clara y deliciosa.
Thank you guys for visiting my site!
5 Star Foodie
Such a yummy soup, I like the meatballs in it!
Always loved your albondigas and this souo is just the kind of meal I would love as it's far too hot here at the mo to eat startch! Perfecto!!
I haven't had ground meat around the house in a long time, but that soup just looks so savory and delicious that I am going to have to do some shopping. What a delicious sounding treat.
No entiendo porque me sale Anonimo cuando te dejo algún mensaje.
El mensaje que está firmado como Anonimo es el mio, soy Empar de:Creandoenlacocina.blogspot.com.
Me imagino que debe ser porque abro pagina de traductor para poder traducir tu blog y contestar. Tal vez sea por eso.
Probaré la proxima vez a hacerlo directo sin traducir.
I made this recipe last night. Big hit at my house 🙂