Bacon-Apple and Cheddar Quesadilla
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 apple peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 bacon slices cooked and cut into small pieces
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Maple Syrup for serving
- On a work surface, spread 2 of the tortillas. Sprinkle the cheddar cheese over the bottom of each tortilla.
- Add the apples evenly on top of the cheese, sprinkle with cinnamon, then top with bacon. Top with another tortilla.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray over medium heat.
- Carefully place 1 quesadilla in pan and cook 2 minutes. Using a spatula, gently flip the quesadilla and cook an additional 2 minutes until lightly browned and cheese is melted.
- Repeat with second quesadilla. Serve warm and drizzle with maple syrup.
I made myself another yummy quesadilla for lunch this week. This time the filling was crispy bacon, cheddar cheese and delicious apples, drizzled with maple syrup. This would be a perfect lunch with a green salad and small bowl of soup. Simple, but filling, and very tasty! I absolutely loved it. I will be making this quesadilla again for sure, maybe in the fall when apples are season. Enjoy!