These Ciruelas con Tocineta are a popular appetizer in Colombia and are a staple at my family parties. They are decadent and irresistible and they would pair well with a welcoming glass of sparkling wine.
I have no self control around this appetizer. If you put a platter with a dozen of them in front of me, I would eat the whole thing 🙂 It is an easy, simple, beautiful and delicious appetizer idea for the holidays!
- 24 large pitted prunes
- 8 slices bacon cut crosswise into thirds
- 24 toothpicks
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wrap one piece of bacon around each prune and secure bacon with a toothpick.
- Arrange prunes, bacon seam down and 1 inch apart, in a baking pan.
- Bake 5 minutes, then turn prunes over with tongs and bake until bacon is crispy to your taste, 5 to 6 minutes more. Drain on a paper towel. Serve on a platter.