This post is sponsored by Hamburger Helper®, but as always, all words and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting me in my collaborations with the sponsors who help keep My Colombian Recipes running!
It’s National Hamburger Month and I’ve partnered with Hamburger Helper® to celebrate. I made Three Cheese Hamburger Helper® Stuffed Poblano Peppers. Just look at them, all cheesy and beautiful!
I try to make homemade meals nearly every night of the week. But on some days, things are just to hectic to cook a full meal from scratch, so I take a few shortcuts to make dinner quickly and easily.
For this simple and delicious family dinner, I first roasted the poblano peppers. While they were cooking, I prepared the Hamburger Helper® filling, per package instructions, while adding a couple of extra ingredients to suit my taste. I served them with a simple green salad on the side and it was an amazing meal! You can use any type of Hamburger Helper®, but for this particular dish I used Three Cheese Hamburger Helper®.
I did not grow up eating Hamburger Helper®, as did many Americans. Truth be told, I had never even heard of it until I moved to the United States. Frankly, I was very surprised how good it tasted and was impressed with the variety. Oh, and my kids absolutely love them!
Poblano peppers have a rich and wonderful flavor, meaty texture, and mild to medium, heat depending on the pepper. They paired perfectly with the pasta, ground beef and cheese sauce. The combination of textures and flavors was delicious.
Print a coupon, then visit Walmart and purchase Hamburger Helper® products to create a quick, easy and delicious meal!
- 4 to 6 fresh poblano peppers, depending on their size
- 1 box of three cheese Hamburger Helper®
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup of hot water
- 2 cups of milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- Fresh parsley for serving
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Place the poblano peppers on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until the skin is charred.
- Meanwhile, prepare the hamburger helper: Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the oil to the skillet, add the onions, garlic and carrots. Season with salt and pepper, then add the ground beef for about 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cooked. Drain the meat.
- Stir in hot water, milk, sauce mix and pasta. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and let it simmer for 14 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is tender, then remove from the heat.
- Remove any loose skin from the top of the poblano peppers. Gently cut a slit in the top of each pepper and scoop out the seeds. Then spoon the pasta mixture into the poblano peppers. Reshape the peppers with your hands. Sprinkle cheddar cheese, fresh parsley and serve warm.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hamburger Helper® . The opinions and text are all mine.