Wow, I can’t believe Easter is almost here. Sounds like a perfect time for me to tryout a new ham recipe! I love making ham on special occasions because it's one of the easiest ways to feed a crowd without spending hours in the kitchen. Hatfield Quality Meats boneless hams are tender, tasty, and fully-cooked. Even though the ham is already pre-cooked, you can still make a nice homemade glaze while you're heating it up to add even more flavor to the ham. All you have to do is heat the ham in the oven, add the glaze during the last 30 minutes of cooking and you have the main dish ready. Easy, right?
Hatfield® Mango Chili Glazed Ham
- 1 Hatfield® traditional dinner ham
- 1 cup mango juice
- ½ cup cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon chili powder or to your taste
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups of mango chunks
- Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place Hatfield® ham in a baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- While the ham is cooking, in a small pan, combine the mango juice, brown sugar, chili powder and ground cumin. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Once the mixture has come to a boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until reduced by about half. Remove from the heat and set aside until the ham is done.
- Remove ham from the oven and increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees F.
- Brush the baked ham with the glaze, then place the mango chunks in the bottom of the dish around the ham. Return the ham to the oven and bake uncovered until heated through and caramelized, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve warm with the remaining glaze.
I want to share this simple Mango Chili Glazed Ham recipe with you, which would be great for Easter weekend, or any weekend for that matter. It looks and tastes elegant, and is surprisingly hands-off in the prep department. The leftovers are even better! It’s juicy on the inside, with a crunchy, sweet and spicy crust. It’s the perfect centerpiece for your holiday table. I used a Hatfield® Traditional Dinner Ham, which is fully cooked and boneless. I made a simple glaze with mango juice, ground cumin, chili powder and brown sugar.
Hatfield® is all about keeping things delicious, simple and stress-free in the kitchen. Their boneless ham comes in Traditional Dinner Ham, Honey Dinner Ham, Black Forest Dinner Ham, Classic Boneless Ham (whole/half), and Classic Boneless Ham Reduced Sodium (whole/half). Visit the Hatfield® site for more information about this American-owned, family-owned company and all its products.
Does your family have any special Easter traditions or recipes? Leave your answer below in the comment section and you will be automatically entered to win a $100 Visa Gift Card. Good luck!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected. The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 3/15/17– 4/15/17.
Be sure to visit the Hatfield Quality Meats Campaign Page on SheKnows where you can read other bloggers’ posts!