Huevos con Champiñones (Baked Eggs with Portobello)
- 6 large eggs
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups chopped Portobello mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ⅓ cup milk
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons parmigiano-reggiano
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped thyme
- salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375° F
- Heat the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, then add the mushrooms and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Add the flour and milk stirring constantly, cook about 2 minutes, season with salt and pepper. Add parsley and thyme, remove from the heat.
- Rub the inside of 6 small ramekins with butter and then add mushroom mixture into each ramekin. Add 1 egg to each, season with salt and pepper. Add 1 tablespoon heavy cream and 1 tablespoon parmigiano-reggiano cheese. Place the ramekins in a baking dish and bake about 8 to 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
Baked Eggs with Portobello dish is perfect for a brunch, it is delicious and easy to make. Substitute your favorite mushrooms for Portobello.