Arepas con Salmon y Aguacate (Arepas with Salmon and Avocado)
- 8 small arepas
- Fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ¼ teaspoon hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons of lime juice
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup grated onion
- 2 cups cooked flaked salmon
- 6 tablespoon mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- In a bowl, toss together the salmon,¼ cup grated onion, cumin, paprika,1 tablespoon lime juice and mayonnaise.
- Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the pits, and scoop the flesh out of their shells into a small bowl.
- Add the lime juice, hot sauce, remaining onion, garlic, salt, and pepper and toss well. Mix well and taste for salt and pepper.
- To assemble: Place the arepas on a platter and top them with the salmon.
- Add avocado mixture on top of the salmon. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add fresh cilantro on top and serve.
If I had a restaurant or cafe, I would be sure to have arepas with a large list of different toppings on the menu. Salmon with avocado would definitely be on that list! What a delicious combination.
For this recipe I made small arepas to serve as an appetizer and I really enjoyed them.