Lentils and Beef Stew ( Estofado de Lentejas con carne)
- 1 ½ pounds beef for stew cut into cubes
- 1 cup lentils
- 3 ½ cups beef stock
- Salt and pepper
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 carrot peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon tomato paste
- 2 potatoes peeled and diced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients except the potatoes, cilantro, salt and black pepper.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours. Add the potatoes and cook for 30 more minutes.
- Stir in cilantro and season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Serve over white rice.
This time of year there is nothing better than cooking in your crock pot. One single pot, slow cooking and great smells. Now that's comforting and that's what I love to cook during the winter. This lentils and beef stew is really easy to make and delicious over white rice. The perfect weeknight dinner. Enjoy it!