Pasta with Creamy Roasted Pepper and Tomato Sauce
- 1 pound dried shells or favorite pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 28oz can tomato sauce
- 2 roasted red bell peppers
- ½ cup chicken or vegetable broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme
- Pinch red pepper flakes optional
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter with the olive oil. Add the onions, garlic and thyme and sauté until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Place the tomato sauce, roasted peppers, chicken or vegetable broth in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the tomato mixture to the sauce pan and cook, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the heavy cream, oregano, parmesan cheese and cook for about 5 minutes more. Stir and add red pepper flakes.
- Meanwhile, add 2 tbs. salt and the pasta to the boiling water. Cook, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking, until al dente, according to the package instructions.
- Drain the pasta and add to the sauce. Warm briefly over low heat to blend the flavors and serve.
This pasta dish is a very nice meal. It is quick and simple to make and I usually have all of the ingredients in my pantry. You can be creative and add shredded chicken or shrimp to the dish, if you prefer.
I love the combination of tomatoes and roasted peppers. Don't you?
If you are looking for a simple and tasty weeknight meal, make this delicious Pasta with Creamy Roasted Peppers and Tomatoes, with a salad on the side. Your family is going to love it!
Looks lovely, I would gladly eat that. 🙂
I love to mix my tomato sauce with cream, just like in this recipe. I love the pink color of the sauce and agree that this would be a fabulous meal, with a salad or even without:D
That looks so good..Yummy yumm!!!
5 Star Foodie
The sauce sounds incredible and I love the pretty color of this dish!
Thank you everyone for taking the time to visit my blog!
Baking is my Zen
I CAN eat pasta every day. That's how much I love it. But, I don't.
This looks fantastic!
The pasta looks so delicious:)
Wow, nice pasta dish, not only looks nice must taste delicious 🙂
looks delicious and roasted veggies have so much flavor
Oh I love that bright color!
i don't eat very much pasta, but if it were all adorned with a sauce as appetizing as this one, i'd be eating a lot more! cream! roasted reds! tasty herbs! great recipe, erica. 🙂
Thank you guys 🙂
Delicious! I make similar dish very often, too!
Yes, Erica, I love roasted red peppers! And the heavy cream is a nice addition. My daughter would like some chicken with hers, but I'd like it just like this!
Great combination of flavors! Don't you just love the recipes that you can go to when you know you usually have all the ingredients on hand? This looks wonderful!
Gera @ Sweets Foods Blog
Nothing better than a pasta with a yummy sauce like this one with roasted peppers so delicious 🙂
Nothing better to me then roasted red sweet peppers! I even like just looking at them at the market!
Wonderful sounding recipe!
Thank you everyone!
That pasta dish looks so delicious and so easy I am keeping it in mind for my next pasta-fest!
It looks delicious! I love the bright color of the pasta in this dish. Great job!
I'm always on the lookout for easy but tasty midweek meals. The kids love pasta, so this dish sounds absolutely perfect (plus it's pretty healthy too..bonus!) Thanks heaps 🙂
This sounds like the perfect tasty dish to finish off a busy day!
It looks delicious and the picture is really beautiful.
Erica I had sent you and e-mail asking a few questions re: colombia
did you get it
Norma- I will e-mail you soon 🙂
Thank you all 🙂
This pasta is such a lovely color! You're right, tomatoes and peppers are a delicious combination!
Sook @ My Fabulous Recipes
Oh this pasta looks fabulous! Just the way I like it!
Roasted peppers and tomatoes? Yes, I love that combination. But cream too! I want to marry this dish (if I wasn't already married!).
Extremely flavorful and very easy to make with a few simple to find ingredients.We loved it!
the aroma is simply delicious. what is the colombian name for this dish?
Tina- This is not a Colombian dish, but the translation is Pasta con Salsa de Pimentones asados y Tomate.
First time in your blog and i loved it.
Thanks for the wonderful recipe.
I made your sauce this morning and like it very much. Its easy, makes a good quantity and the taste is smooth! Not too overpowering, nice and subtle. Having looked at many similar recipes, I settled on yours and will keep it around for the future. Thanks from Canada.
Salma- Thank you for your feedback!