Tortilla Española, or Spanish Tortilla, is traditional tapa in Spain. It is usually made with olive oil, potatoes, onions and eggs, but this time I made mine adding Hatfield Quality Meats baked ham to add more flavor. This is a simple and versatile dish, it can be served for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, and it’s delicious warm or at room temperature. It can also be cut into small cubes and served with toothpicks for a fun appetizer or party snack. Spanish Tortilla can be fried or baked. You can cook it on the top of the stove, but I prefer the oven because it’s easier, it doesn’t require a lot of oil and you don’t have to worry about ruining the tortilla when you flip it over.
This Ham Spanish Tortilla is perfect to make for Easter brunch or the next day, using your leftover ham. Hatfield® products are all about keeping things delicious, simple and stress-free in the kitchen. Their boneless ham comes in Traditional Dinner Ham, Honey Dinner Ham, Black Forest Dinner Ham, Classic Boneless Ham (whole/half), and Classic Boneless Ham Reduced Sodium (whole/half). Visit the Hatfield® site for more information about this American-owned company and all their products.
Do you have any special recipes to make use of your leftover ham? Leave your answer below in the comment section and you will be automatically entered to win a $100 Visa Gift Card. Good luck!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected. The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 3/15/17– 4/20/17.
Be sure to visit the Hatfield Quality Meats Campaign Page on SheKnows where you can read other bloggers’ posts!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups of Hatfield baked ham, cut into thin strips
- 8 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- eat the olive oil over medium heat in frying pan. Add the potato slices and stir to coat with oil. Cook for about 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the onions and mix well. Continue cooking for another 7 minutes.
- Transfer the potato mixture to a plate.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs and the ham and potato mixture. Pre-heat the oven to 375F.
- Pour the mixture into oven proof pans and place in the oven. Bake until cooked and golden on top. Baking time will vary based on the pan and thickness of the tortilla, about 20 to 30 minutes. Remove the tortilla from the oven. Let it rest for about 5 minutes and serve warm or cold.