Spinach, Potato, Dill and Carrot Soup
- 3 Tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup onion finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 3 carrots peeled, diced
- 6 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 large white potatoes peeled and diced
- 4 cups spinach
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- ¼ cup heavy cream plus more for drizzling
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium pot over medium heat, melt the butter and olive oil.
- Add the onion and sautué until translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and sautué for 1 minute more.
- Add the carrots, broth and the potatoes, reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the spinach, and continue to simmer for about 10 minutes more.
- Using a food processor or blender, process the soup to a smooth puree. Return the soup to the pan. Add the cream and season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle the soup into bowls. Drizzle with cream and serve immediately.
You can never have too many soup recipes, especially this time of year, and a bowl of soup with spinach, carrots and potatoes, really hits the spot.
We all really liked it here, I had 2 bowls full of this creamy and delicious soup. What a great combination of ingredients! This soup makes for a quick and easy lunch.
Buen provecho, everyone!
Salt and pepper, to taste