Spinach, Potato, Dill and Carrot Soup
- 3 Tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup onion finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 3 carrots peeled, diced
- 6 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 large white potatoes peeled and diced
- 4 cups spinach
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- ¼ cup heavy cream plus more for drizzling
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium pot over medium heat, melt the butter and olive oil.
- Add the onion and sautué until translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and sautué for 1 minute more.
- Add the carrots, broth and the potatoes, reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the spinach, and continue to simmer for about 10 minutes more.
- Using a food processor or blender, process the soup to a smooth puree. Return the soup to the pan. Add the cream and season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle the soup into bowls. Drizzle with cream and serve immediately.
Have you Tried this Recipe? Tag me Today!Mention @mycolombianrecipes and tag #mycolombianrecipes!
You can never have too many soup recipes, especially this time of year, and a bowl of soup with spinach, carrots and potatoes, really hits the spot.
We all really liked it here, I had 2 bowls full of this creamy and delicious soup. What a great combination of ingredients! This soup makes for a quick and easy lunch.
Buen provecho, everyone!
Salt and pepper, to taste
No, especially like this, you can never have too much.
Am @ The Cook's Sister
What a fantastic looking soup! Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Yay! A new soup for me to try. Sounds delicious and I love how green it is.
Thank you guys!
This is a delicious soup - we often have these ingredients and it is a great way to use up carrots and spinach before they go bad. I think you forgot to include in the recipe when the dill is added. I figured it out 🙂
What a delicious and healthy recipe! I found we didn’t even need the cream, so I didn’t add it. I added the dill right after the garlic, and sautéed it a little bit. Also added a little bit of garlic salt at that step, and several small pinches of salt and pepper throughout the cooking process to layer it. Thank you!