One of my favorite summertime activities is grilling with family and friends on a warm summer day. Everyone socializing, enjoying cold beverages on the deck, while amazing food cooks on the grill. I can smell it already!
When it comes to easy summer entertaining, kebabs or skewers are definitely one of my favorite ways to go. Food on a stick is always fun, simple and versatile, and turkey is a wonderful and healthy protein that’s great for grilling. Shady Brook Farms offers many products that are perfect for the grill such as ground turkey, turkey chops, tenderloins, sausage and more.
I made these delicious turkey meatball kebabs with a mixture of turkey sausage, ground turkey, bread crumbs, egg and spices. I placed varying colors of bell peppers between the turkey meatballs on the kebabs to add both color and flavor. They were very easy to make and everyone loved them!
Shady Brook Farm’s products are available on the East Coast (CT, DE, ME, MD, MA, NH, NJ, NY, NC, RI, SC, VT, VA, WV). For those in the Midwest and West, look for Shady Brook Farm’s sister brand, Honeysuckle White.
I invite you to visit the Shady Brook Farms website for additional recipe ideas and to learn more about their products.
This post was created in partnership with Shady Brook Farms. As always, thank you for supporting the companies with whom I partner, which allows me to create new recipes for you. All opinions are always my own.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 4 turkey sweet Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups of bell peppers pieces (your favorite color)
For the Meatballs
- For the Meatballs: Using hands, mix together sausage, ground turkey, bread crumbs, egg, oregano, parsley, salt, and pepper until combined. Form mixture into small meatballs and thread them onto skewers alternating with a bell pepper pieces. Place them in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
- Clean and oil a grilling grate. Carefully transfer skewers to the grill and cook until one side is golden browned, about 4 minutes. Using tongs, rotate the skewers and cook until golden brown on the other side, about 3 minutes. Transfer skewers to a plate or serving dish and serve with lemon wedges on the side.
Like this recipe? Please say thanks by sharing it...