This Colombian Shrimp Cocktail is simple to make, refreshing and the perfect appetizer to serve during a hot day. Cocktail de Camarón is a traditional Colombian dish, popular in the Coasts of Colombia.
Cóctel de Camarones or Colombian-Style Shrimp Cocktail is one of my sister’s favorite appetizers. I have fantastic memories of the food I grew up with and this shrimp cocktail is one of them because of my close relationship with my sister. In my last trip to Colombia every time we went out to eat she always asked for the same appetizer and we shared it, just like when we were little girls. This is a great way to cook, a simple, quick and elegant appetizer for your friends. Keep this Coctel de Camarones refrigerated until ready to serve.
What You’ll Need To Make Colombian Shrimp Cocktail?
Shrimp, limes, red onion, mayonnaise, ketchup, salt, pepper, hot sauce, parsley or cilantro. In the recipe card below you'll find exact amounts, preparation and video for this recipe.
Cóctel de Camarones (Shrimp Cocktail Recipe)
- 1 pound large cooked shrimp shelled and deveined
- Juice of 2 limes
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro or parsley plus more for garnish
- Salt and pepper to your taste
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ teaspoon hot sauce optional
- Olive oil for drizzling
- In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, ketchup, red onion, lime juice, hot sauce, olive oil and parsley.
- Add the cooked shrimp and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Serve with Saltine crackers or patacones and garnish with chopped parsley or cilantro.
More easy shrimp recipes: