One of the things I enjoy the most about my blog is creating new recipes. Today, I have a delicious recipe that works as an appetizer or a light lunch. Either way, you are going to absolutely love this Roasted Butternut Squash, Apple and Jalapeño Flatbread.
Roasted Butternut Squash, Apple and Jalapeño Flatbread
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 3 apples, peeled and diced
- 8 garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of brown sugar
- Salt and pepper
- 4 small flatbreads or pita bread (homemade or store bought)
- 12 tablespoons of shredded Fontina cheese
- 2 jalapeños peppers, sliced
- 1 small avocado, sliced
- Fresh cilantro
- To roast the squash: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place butternut squash chunks, diced apples and garlic cloves on a large baking sheet. In a small bowl mix the olive oil, brown sugar, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the mixture over the squash and apples. Roast for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Top each flatbread with cheese, apples, roasted garlic, squash and jalapeño slices. Bake for about 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Add avocado slices and chopped cilantro on top just before serving.
This dish is so simple to make, but it tastes fantastic. It is a wonderful combination of flavors and textures, and the perfect fall dish!