Bread pudding is one of my favorites when I want to create a dessert that is prepared as individually servings and easy to make, yet looks nice and sophisticated. I had some apples in the house and I didn’t know what to do with them and since I don’t like making pies, I created this apple-chocolate bread pudding. This dessert needs to be served warm. Buen provecho!
- 5 white bread slices, diced
- 4 apples, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- 1 (14 oz) can condensed milk
- 1 ½ cups of milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 whole beaten eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375º F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, condensed milk, vanilla, sugar and the beaten eggs and mix well.
- Place a medium sauce pan over medium heat and add the butter, apples and cinnamon. Stir and cook for about 7 minutes.
- Add bread to milk mixture. Let it stand for about 20 minutes or until bread absorbs most of the mixture.
- Add the apples and chocolate chips to the mixture and stir well.
- Carefully pour an equal amount of the pudding mixture into the ramekins in the roasting pan. Then add hot water to the roasting pan, not to the ramekins, until the water comes half way up the sides of the ramekins.
- Place the roasting pan in the oven and bake for 45 minutes. Serve warm.
- I want to thank Jhonny at “Food..thought for!” for the: Friendship award.
- I really appreciate it.