Apple -Chocolate Bread Pudding
- 5 white bread slices diced
- 4 apples peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- 1 14 oz can condensed milk
- 1 ½ cups of milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 whole beaten eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375º F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, condensed milk, vanilla, sugar and the beaten eggs and mix well.
- Place a medium sauce pan over medium heat and add the butter, apples and cinnamon. Stir and cook for about 7 minutes.
- Add bread to milk mixture. Let it stand for about 20 minutes or until bread absorbs most of the mixture.
- Add the apples and chocolate chips to the mixture and stir well.
- Carefully pour an equal amount of the pudding mixture into the ramekins in the roasting pan. Then add hot water to the roasting pan, not to the ramekins, until the water comes half way up the sides of the ramekins.
- Place the roasting pan in the oven and bake for 45 minutes. Serve warm.
Have you Tried this Recipe? Tag me Today!Mention @mycolombianrecipes and tag #mycolombianrecipes!
Bread pudding is one of my favorites when I want to create a dessert that is prepared as individually servings and easy to make, yet looks nice and sophisticated. I had some apples in the house and I didn’t know what to do with them and since I don’t like making pies, I created this apple-chocolate bread pudding. This dessert needs to be served warm. Buen provecho!
A perfect dessert for the season! I love your use of sweetened condensed milk and the finished dish looks warm and scrumptious. Ooooh!
Miam! I love bread pudding and if you add some apples and chocolate chips, I won't say no! What a wonderful idea!
wowowwo.....Erica, this looks scrumptious!
Absolutely beautiful and perfect for the season! Also, I adore bread puddings, so can have this at any time of the year 🙂
I love bread pudding 😀 Thanks for sharing , Erica ! Have a marvelous Tuesday !
Bread pudding...love it and chocolate with apples? Sounds and looks terrific...yummie!
This looks so yummy! I've been wanting to make a bread pudding and you just encouraged me! Have a great day Erica!
Love this pudding with chocolate chips and cinnamon apples--yum.
Thank you guys! Glad you liked the recipe!
scrumptious! I love bread pudding..It turned out pefcet for you.. I bet it must be soo yummylicious.
m droooling already!! congrats n ye well deserved award 🙂
my favorite dessert! this is a must do. Thanks for the recipe
What a great picture !...Love the combination Erica...
Oh this looks amazing, delicious and comforting! I love it!
Thank you all for visiting 🙂
This is a great way to use up those leftover apples! I am sending you an email too 😀
that's a delicious dessert !!! and congratulations for the award, cheers!!
mmm...yum! looks great!
Thank you everyone for taking the time and leaving a comment!
Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction
Yum... I love bread pudding - especially in the colder months of the year. This sounds perfect!
I love bread pudding, my husband - not so much. Maybe this one will make him understand how wrong he has been all this time =)
I made this last weekend as the temperature dropped here in Colorado. I was afraid that it was going to be extremely sweet with the condensed milk and the sugar but it was just right. I was also a bit apprehensive to bake it in a roasting pan full of water because I've never made bread pudding that way but it came out just fine. The only thing is that it's very chocolaty. I love chocolate but I thought it was a bit much.