Do you ever crave something sweet but don’t want to put in the time and effort to create it? Well, here’s a simple and wonderful dessert, Tres Leches Rice Pudding. A creamy rice pudding cooked with sweet condensed milk, evaporated milk, heavy cream and whole milk!
I just love rice pudding and this Tres Leches version is absolutely delicious.
(About 6 servings)
- 1 cup long-grain white rice, washed
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 (12 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Pinch salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- In a large saucepan over high heat, combine the rice, water and salt and bring to a boil.
- Add the cinnamon sticks and reduce the heat to medium-low and cook uncovered, stirring once or twice, until the rice is tender, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks. In a medium bowl mix together the whole milk, evaporated milk, heavy cream, vanilla, sugar and condensed milk.
- Pour the mixture over the rice, stir, and reduce the heat to low. Cook for about 20 minutes more stirring occasionally.
- Set aside to cool slightly or refrigerate. The rice pudding can be served warm, at room temperature, or cold. To serve: Spoon the rice pudding into bowls.