Does anyone need a great Valentine’s Day dessert recipe? These lava cakes are absolutely delicious! Rich, chocolate cake, oozing with chocolate and dulce de leche inside. If that’s not dessert heaven, I don’t know what is. I suppose the name says it all, Chocolate-Dulce de Leche Lava Cake, how could it not be delicious?
The combination of chocolate and dulce de leche combined very well in these lava cakes. If you are a dulce de leche and chocolate fan, I highly suggest you try this recipe, I promise you won’t be sorry. I hope you have a fantastic week and thanks so much for stopping by My Colombian Recipes.
(4 individual cakes)
- 1/2 cup butter plus more for greasing the pans
- 5 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons of dulce de leche
- Preheat the oven to 450 F.
- Butter small ramekins. In a medium saucepan, combine the butter and the chocolate over medium heat. Heat, stirring occasionally to combine, until the chocolate and butter are melted.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the yolks and eggs, then add the sugar. Add the chocolate mixture and whisk until well combined.
- Then whisk in the all purpose flour. Spoon two-thirds of the batter into the prepared ramekins, then add 1 tablespoon of dulce de leche on top. Cover with the remaining chocolate batter.
- Place the ramekins on a baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes. The outside of the cake will be ready, but the inside should be very soft.