This chocolate and dulce de leche lava cake is rich, sweet and delicious.The perfect cake for any occasion.
These lava cakes are absolutely delicious! Rich, chocolate cake, oozing with chocolate and dulce de leche inside. If that’s not dessert heaven, I don’t know what is. I suppose the name says it all, Chocolate-Dulce de Leche Lava Cake, how could it not be delicious?
Chocolate-Dulce de Leche Lava Cake Recipe
- ½ cup butter plus more for greasing the pans
- 5 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons of dulce de leche
- Preheat the oven to 450 F.
- Butter small ramekins. In a medium saucepan, combine the butter and the chocolate over medium heat. Heat, stirring occasionally to combine, until the chocolate and butter are melted.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the yolks and eggs, then add the sugar. Add the chocolate mixture and whisk until well combined.
- Then whisk in the all purpose flour. Spoon two-thirds of the batter into the prepared ramekins, then add 1 tablespoon of dulce de leche on top. Cover with the remaining chocolate batter.
- Place the ramekins on a baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes. The outside of the cake will be ready, but the inside should be very soft.
The combination of chocolate and dulce de leche combined very well in these lava cakes. If you are a dulce de leche and chocolate fan, I highly suggest you try this recipe, I promise you won’t be sorry. I hope you have a fantastic week and thanks so much for stopping by My Colombian Recipes.
This is so decadently delicious and gorgeous!
I would dig into this lava cake with a big glass of milk near bedtime. This would be favorite when entertaining or enjoying a good meal.
P.S. Stay warm
Please share your recipe in my facebook recipe page
Que rico que se ve esto! Mis tres cosas favoritas juntas: chocolate, dulce de leche y helado. Yum!
i just posted about a box mix of caramel chocolate lava cakes, and while those were good, they were nowhere near as awesome and decadent as these! as usual, homemade is just plain better. 🙂
Wow Erica, I love the idea of dulce de leche in the lava cake...delicious looking dessert.
Hope you are enjoying your week 🙂
I just had a lava cake last week, it had been so long. OMG a version with Dulce de Leche sounds so amazing, great recipe.
Very yummy cake recipe!!! 🙂 😉 Not only tasty but so quick and easy
How man servings does this recipe make?
How many servings please?