Does anyone need a great Valentine’s Day dessert recipe? These lava cakes are absolutely delicious! Rich, chocolate cake, oozing with chocolate and dulce de leche inside. If that’s not dessert heaven, I don’t know what is. I suppose the name says it all, Chocolate-Dulce de Leche Lava Cake, how could it not be delicious?
Chocolate-Dulce de Leche Lava Cake
- ½ cup butter plus more for greasing the pans
- 5 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons of dulce de leche
- Preheat the oven to 450 F.
- Butter small ramekins. In a medium saucepan, combine the butter and the chocolate over medium heat. Heat, stirring occasionally to combine, until the chocolate and butter are melted.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the yolks and eggs, then add the sugar. Add the chocolate mixture and whisk until well combined.
- Then whisk in the all purpose flour. Spoon two-thirds of the batter into the prepared ramekins, then add 1 tablespoon of dulce de leche on top. Cover with the remaining chocolate batter.
- Place the ramekins on a baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes. The outside of the cake will be ready, but the inside should be very soft.
The combination of chocolate and dulce de leche combined very well in these lava cakes. If you are a dulce de leche and chocolate fan, I highly suggest you try this recipe, I promise you won’t be sorry. I hope you have a fantastic week and thanks so much for stopping by My Colombian Recipes.