Bananos con Salsa de Naranja (Bananas with Orange Sauce)
- 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 firm bananas peeled
- 1 can sweet condensed milk
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoon white wine optional
- Cut the bananas in half crosswise.
- In a large nonstick pan over medium heat, add the butter and cook for 1 minute. Add the bananas, orange juice and orange zest.
- Cook the bananas, turning constantly during 3 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium low. Add the sweet condensed milk and wine and cook 5 more minutes. Serve warm.
After a wonderful vacation with family, good food, beach and sun, I am back and I've started the week cooking delicious recipes. I can't wait to start sharing them with you.
Colombia is one of the top producing and exporting countries of bananas. We also love cooking and eating them. Today I want to share a simple banana dessert that one of my friends from college used to make and I love. Bananas cooked in a creamy sauce made with sweet condensed milk and orange juice. Absolutely delicious! The orange sauce adds a slightly decadent flavor to the bananas.