Roasted Tomato Salsa
- 6 medium tomatoes cut in half lengthwise
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 1 jalapeuño pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss the tomatoes, salt, pepper and 3 tablespoons of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread the tomatoes on a baking sheet and roast for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a small saute pan and saute the jalapeuño, onion, and garlic until soft.
- Place the tomatoes and the rest of the ingredients in the food processor. Process for a couple minutes and transfer to a serving dish.
If you are a regular reader, you know that I am a fan of Mexican food, and one of my favorite snacks are chips with salsa. My obsession for scratch cooking comes with its drawbacks however, as it won't allow me to open up a jar of store bought salsa. So, I make my own, regardless of how busy or tired I am.
I've already made Red Tomato Salsa and Tomatillo Salsa, and now I want to share with you anther favorite salsa recipe, Roasted Tomato Salsa. This was absolutely delicious and more than worth the effort!