Black Bean Dip (Dip De Frijoles Negros)
- 1 14 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro plus extra for garnish
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon minced canned chipotle chile in adobo
- ½ tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Place all the ingredients in food processor until the dip is smooth and creamy, scraping the down the bowl as needed.
- Transfer the dip to a serving bowl, sprinkle with fresh cilantro and serve with tortilla chips.
Although it doesn’t look very pretty, this creamy black bean dip tastes absolutely delicious and is very easy to make. You can serve it with tortilla chips or Patacones.