Black Bean Dip (Dip De Frijoles Negros)
- 1 14 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro plus extra for garnish
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon minced canned chipotle chile in adobo
- ½ tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Place all the ingredients in food processor until the dip is smooth and creamy, scraping the down the bowl as needed.
- Transfer the dip to a serving bowl, sprinkle with fresh cilantro and serve with tortilla chips.
Calories: 141kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 1gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 10gSodium: 359mgPotassium: 99mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 377IUVitamin C: 7mgCalcium: 13mgIron: 1mg
Have you Tried this Recipe? Tag me Today!Mention @mycolombianrecipes and tag #mycolombianrecipes!
Although it doesn’t look very pretty, this creamy black bean dip tastes absolutely delicious and is very easy to make. You can serve it with tortilla chips or Patacones.
I love blackbean dip and this one looks spectacular. I am going to make it for an upcoming picnic!
looks great an alternative to guacamole
This sounds very good and I haven't made a bean dip in a long while. Thanks for sharing 🙂
What do you mean, it's not pretty? It's GORGEOUS, or else I wouldn't be drooling like this! yum yum~
Natasha - 5 Star Foodie
Black bean dip sounds awesome, my hubby would especially love this with his daily tortilla chips!
Definitely delightful. 🙂
Wow, that looks amazing! Perfect dip alternative!
I love black beans, it makes me miss my country. And if is very spicy even better, yummy!
Thank you all for the comments!
Erica, I served your black bean dip at a family birthday dinner earlier this evening. Everyone loved it. Thanks for the great recipe!
Thank you so much for your feedback! I am glad they liked it!
My family had it for my birthday along with other dips from the site, and loved it. Thanks for the great idea.
Best to serve hot or cold? I'll have to keep it in the fridge for the next day.