Shrimp Skewers with Mango Sauce
- 24 large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Crushed red pepper to your taste
- 1 cup mango pulp
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Pinch cumin
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh cilantro
- In a bowl, combine the olive oil, the cumin,onion powder, paprika salt and pepper. Add the shrimp, stir to coat and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Heat a grill over medium-high heat. Remove the shrimp from the marinade and discard the marinade. Thread the shrimp onto skewers. Arrange the skewers on the grill and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Serve immediately with the mango sauce on top or the side.
During the summer I want meals to be quick and easy to prepare, but also refreshing and filling. These grilled shrimp skewers are seasoned with cumin, paprika and onion powder to give them a nice flavor. Then they're grilled and topped with a sauce made with mango pulp, onion, hot pepper, garlic, cilantro and butter.
Shrimp and mango together are one of those perfect matches. This mango sauce is a great accompaniment to any type of seafood. It works especially well with baked salmon and grilled tilapia as well. You can prepare these shrimp skewers as part of a full meal or make them smaller and serve them as appetizers with the sauce.