This Egg Salad dish is easy and quick to prepare and when a few spices are added to enhance the taste, the simplicity of the dish turns into something exquisite.
This is one of those way too easy recipes, but I’ll share it with you anyway, just in case you’re in a bind and need to prepare a last minute lunch someday.
(About 4 servings)
- 8 eggs
- 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped scallion the green part only)
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Salt and black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Cook the eggs in a medium pot and cover them with water. Bring the water to a boil, then lower the heat, and simmer for 7 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let the eggs sit in the water for another 5 minutes.
- Drain and cool the eggs under cold water.
- Peel and mash the eggs in a bowl with all the remaining ingredients.