Cumin, and Cilantro Egg Salad (Ensalada de Huevo con Comino y Cilantro)
- 8 eggs
- 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped scallion the green part only)
- Juice of ½ lime
- Salt and black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Cook the eggs in a medium pot and cover them with water. Bring the water to a boil, then lower the heat, and simmer for 7 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let the eggs sit in the water for another 5 minutes. Drain and cool the eggs under cold water.
- Peel and mash the eggs in a bowl with all the remaining ingredients.
This Egg Salad dish is easy and quick to prepare and when a few spices are added to enhance the taste, the simplicity of the dish turns into something exquisite.
This is one of those way too easy recipes, but I'll share it with you anyway, just in case you're in a bind and need to prepare a last minute lunch someday.
Salt and black pepper3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
I love easy egg salads and LOVE cilantro!
Sue/the view from great island
This looks wonderful, I love the unusual flavors, it really elevates boring old egg salad into something special.
Love this little twist on the traditional egg mayonnaise salad. Cumin is such a versatile spice. It never ceases to surprise me!
Oh, yes! This is something I would definitely love, as apart from the eggs I love cumin and cilantro but too many eggs and mayo for my age, as I explain in my last post as well.
A must make salad. Simple and delicious.
Jenn and Seth (@HomeSkilletCook)
what a delicious egg salad! i love the addition of cumin and cilantro here!
i like egg salad, but around here, it's usually flavored with dill--ick. this is much better!
Platanos, Mangoes and Me!
Great salad and pictures. I am a lover of eggsalad and always do a traditional salad, but will try yours next time i am in the mood. Love the eg atop tomato...
Sounds really delicious!
I made this salad for father's day lunch yesterday and we all loved it. thanks for your delicious recipes.
Thank you everyone!