Some things never change… I love Milo, I have always loved Milo, and I will die loving Milo 🙂
These cookies were inspired by my favorite chocolate drink, Milo! So, what is Milo anyway? It is a chocolate and malt powder made by Nestlé, that is mixed with hot or cold milk to make a wonderfully rich drink.
These Milo Cookies make a great Valentines Day chocolate-style gift for that special someone!
Galletas de Milo are an absolute must-make dessert in my house. Buen provecho!
(About 18 cookies)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 + 1/4 cup Milo
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the flour, Milo, baking powder and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar for about 4 minutes, or until smooth. Add the egg, beating for 1 more minute. Add the vanilla. Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the dry ingredients and the milk, mixing only until they are incorporated. Using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, mix in the chocolate chips.
- Drop about 1 tablespoon of dough onto the sheets, leaving about 2 inches of space between them. Bake for about 12 minutes, until set but still soft when touched.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on the baking sheet(s) on a wire rack for about 3 minutes. Transfer the cookies to the rack and let cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.