Torticas de Lechera (Sweet Condensed Milk Mini Cakes)
- 1 can sweet condensed milk
- ¾ cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of heavy cream
- ½ cup sweet condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- Place rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour one cake or small cake pans or ramekins.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Place the butter and the sweet condensed milk in a bowl. Beat on medium speed until fluffy and pale brown, about 3 minutes.
- Stop the mixer, scrape down the sides of the bowl and add one egg. Beat on medium for one minute. Add the remaining eggs, one at a time, beating for one minute between each addition. Stop the bowl and scrape down the sides as necessary. Beat in vanilla extract.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the egg and butter mixture.Beat on low speed until just incorporated.
- Stop the mixer, scrape down the bowl and add the rest of the dry ingredients. Beat on low speed until just incorporated.
- Divide the batter between the prepared cake pans, filling each about two thirds full. Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of one of the cakes comes out clean.
- Let the cakes rest in the pans before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the glaze: in a medium bowl, mix all the ingredients until smooth. Drizzle on top the cooled cakes.
I have a confession to make today... I am a condensed milk and Dulce de Leche addict 🙂 I just love these ingredients and am always creating recipes with them!
Those of you who have been longtime readers know that I don't love to bake and don't consider myself a great baker, but lately, I am in the baking mood! I made these Sweet Condensed Milk Cakes with Orange Glaze and they are simple to make and absolutely delicious.
I do do love condensed milk. And you're right, not only do these look delicious but they're easy to make. Gonna have to give it a try.
You and me both! Condensed milk is so underappreciated.
I love condensed milk too, I eat my bread with them! and use it in my coffee too! These sounds lovely!
Put me down on the list of condensed milk fans! One of the first things I learned to 'cook' for myself was making toast and spreading SCM on it. You may not consider yourself a baker but these sweet little cakes look perfectly delicious! 8-D
What glorious little morsels and that glaze...bien hecho!
Erica, anything that uses condensed milk taste delicious and this cake sure looks great. Like the topping as well...yum yum!
Hope you have a wonderful week ahead 🙂
Carol @ Always Thyme to Cook
Your little cakes look delicious, not sure I'd be able to stop at one!
I also adore condensed milk but there's always a grave and serious danger that I'll just drink it straight from the can. 😛 I'll try to control myself so I can make these!
if ever anything was too moist, it would be this. good thing that'd never happen!
i think this is a very good dessert!!
muy buenos postres gracias por compartir en Pinterest no pueden esperar a probarlo !!
Hola muchas gracias por tus recetas, tengo una duda sobre esta: es una cucharada de polvo de hornear, o es una cucharadita? Es quee parece que una cucharada es mucho, gracias
Hola, muchas gracias por tus recetas, la torta de milo es un boom, porfis en esta receta confirmame y si es una cucharada o una cucharadita de polvo de hornear, gracias
Hola, muchas gracias por tus recetas, la torta de milo es un boom, porfis en esta receta confirmame y si es una cucharada o una cucharadita de polvo de hornear, quiero hacerla muy pronto, gracias