Simple Lime Pie (Postre de Limón)
- 10 honey graham cracker
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- ½ cup of water
- 2 envelopes of unflavored gelatin
- 3 teaspoons lime zest
- 1 can 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup whole milk
- Juice of 3 limes
- For crust: Preheat oven to 350°F.Place crackers and sugar in a food processor until the graham crackers are finely ground.Add butter and process until well combined. Press the mixture into a 9-inch pie pan.Bake crust until deep golden brown, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- For filling: Pour water into small pot and add gelatin. Let stand 8 minutes. Stir over very low heat just until gelatin dissolves. Stir well and place in the blender.
- Add all the rest of filling ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth. Pour the mixture into the crust. Place in the refrigerator for about 4 to 6 hours or until set.
Today I am going to share with you one of my guilty pleasures, or should I say, an entire category of guilty pleasures! No disrespect to dulce de leche or arequipe, but I adore desserts that are a combination of citrus and sweet, and this Postre de Limón is sweet, tangy, creamy and absolutely delicious!
This dessert is very quick and easy to make, which is what I love the most about it. Every bite of this dessert sends you to heaven, it's simply irresistible! I'll be posting different variations of this pie in the future, so stay tuned...
I love desserts like this, too. It's so pretty!!
This is one of my favorites too. I'll be more than happy to indulge with you.
I make a lemon pie similar to this and we absolutely love it. Will have to try this version.
Wow! what a lovely looking dessert! I love lime and lemon pies, I would love to have a piece of that pie!
My mouth is watering! I bet the people who ate this were very happy 🙂
Gera@Sweets Foods Blog
This simple pie can be my guilty pleasure too and for a long time! 🙂
i love the flavor of lime, especially when it comes in a creamy, cool vehicle!
Lime is my favorite citrus to bake with so this sounds like my kind of pie for sure! Loving it!
I will take that guilty pleasure any time....mmmmm
Thank you guys!