I love to have easy and simple dessert recipes handy for those dessert cravings or surprise visits! These bars require little time and are easy. Great for bad bakers like me 😉
So, if you like dulce de leche or arequipe, you will not be disappointed. These Dulce de leche bars are a delicious treat for Easter Sunday.
Buen Provecho and Happy Easter everyone!
Dulce de Leche or Arequipe Bars
- 1 ¾ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup buter very cold cut into small pieces
- 1 ½ cups arequipe or dulce de leche
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix together all ingredients except arequipe or dulce de leche. Place one half of the crumb mixture into a buttered small rectangular baking pan. Press and flatten.
- Spread with dulce de leche or arequipe. Top with the remaining of mixture and pat lightly.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until light brown.
- Cool slightly and cut into bars while still in the pan. Gently remove cut bars from pan.