Clafoutis is a delicious French baked dessert that is a cross between a cake and custard. This desert is so delicious and simple to make, that I decided to make it using one of my favorite fruits, strawberries. It turned out great and I will definately be making it again.
It makes a wonderful breakfast too, warm or cold.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 ½ cups strawberries
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- Make the batter: Sift the flour, sugar, and salt into a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and heavy cream until well blended. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an oval oven-proof dish or individual dishes, with the butter. Sprinkle the bottom and sides with sugar.
- Place the strawberries in the oven-proof dish. Pour the batter over the strawberries and place in the oven.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until the custard is firm. Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes before serving. Serve the clafoutis warm with a scoop of ice cream.
Calories: 324kcalCarbohydrates: 38gProtein: 8gFat: 16gSaturated Fat: 9gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 167mgSodium: 77mgPotassium: 269mgFiber: 2gSugar: 23gVitamin A: 682IUVitamin C: 53mgCalcium: 94mgIron: 2mg
Have you Tried this Recipe? Tag me Today!Mention @mycolombianrecipes and tag #mycolombianrecipes!
Awesome recipe and a very beautiful click! Truly tempting!
I've never seen a clafouti made with strawberries before and it looks beautiful! I would definitely love to have a slice for breakfast.
I love clafoutis...and I wish I had a piece here!
I love claofutis and this look really lovely Erica.
ERica se ve grandioso y delicioso! xx gloria
What a fabulous breakfast this would be! I have never had clafoutis. It looks amazing.
5 Star Foodie
A delicious idea to make clafoutis with strawberries - it looks gorgeous!
Erica...I was wondering what had happend that you had not posted. Got a bit concerned. I see all is well.
I don't like cooking strawberries because they don't usually look pretty. This is a mouth watering desert...Have a great weekend.....
I saw a savory version of clafoutis in Mary's blog and now I see a sweet version! Both looks good and I wish I could taste them all!
I don't usually go for clafouti, finding it too eggy, but this one with the strawberries looks irresistible! Totally beautiful puffy goodness on a plate, r in this case in a little ramekin.
Erica as usual you make me drool, that looks so amazing yummy. Great picture.
Mmmm...this looks very simple and delicious. I like it. I would love to try. Thanks very much for sharing.
Looks amazing. I love calfoutis and its versatility. As far as I'm concerned you can never go wrong with strawberries.
i thought that the cherry would be the best fruit for clafoutis, but now i'm not so sure--this looks amazing!