Flan de Guayaba y Queso or Guava and Cheese Flan is a popular dessert in Latin American cuisine. It's creamy and absolutely delicious, the perfect ending to any meal.
Guava and Cheese Flan (Flan de Guayaba y Queso)
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1 14 oz can condensed milk
- 1 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 5 large eggs
- 6 oz cream cheese softened
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 7 oz guava paste
- To prepare the caramel, put 1 cup of sugar in a small pot with ½ cup of water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Stir once and reduce the heat to medium and cook about 5 minutes or until the syrup turns a caramel color.
- Immediately pour an equal amount of the caramel into each ramekin or any oven proof mold you want to use. Swirl each dish to coat the base with the caramel, work fast as the caramel will harden quickly as it cools. Place all the ramekins in a large roasting pan and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In a blender add the eggs, condensed milk, evaporated milk, cream cheese, guava paste and vanilla extract and blend until smooth.
- Carefully pour an equal amount of the flan mixture into the caramelized ramekins in the roasting pan. Then add hot water to the roasting pan, not to the ramekins, until the water comes half way up the sides of the ramekins.
- Place the roasting pan in the oven and bake for 1 hour or until a knife inserted in the center of the flan comes out clean.
- Remove from the roasting pan and cool for at least 30 minutes. Then cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- To serve, carefully run a knife around the edge of the ramekin, cover with a serving plate, flip it over and gently remove the ramekin allowing the caramel run over the sides.
Today is my birthday, so I feel like posting something sweet to celebrate. As you know flan is one of my favorite desserts because lends itself to an endless number of variations. This guava and cheese version is delicious. The guava paste gives this flan a fantastic flavor and the cream cheese gives it a lovely texture. Here is the recipe for a guava and cheese flan. Enjoy!
They look amazingly gorgeous. Anything with condensed milk is always a winner and addicting.
Happy Birthday! Thank you soo much for creating this website! I can finally cook authentic Colombian dishes for my husband. I tell everyone about your site. Keep up the hard work because it is much appreciated! Have a great day!
that's an exotic variation of the traditional flan;
sounds rich and creamy!!! Wish you all good things, Joy, luck, health, love, wealth and peace!!! Happy Birthday dear!!!
Happy Birthday Erica!!!! and I love guayaba, sooo this is mine, lovely, and I love use condensed milk!! xxx gloria
Wonderful desert! and Wish you many Happy returns of the Day!
Happy birthday Erica!!!
H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y ! ! ! ! !
This looks absolutely yummy - guava paste is a natural accompaniment on a cheese place what genius would mix it into a flan and share - only you!
Guava flan is a very common dessert in México..... grew up with it and i am 66 yrs old. Common staple
Happy Birthday ! This looks delicious 🙂
Thank you all for the wonderful comments 🙂
Happy birthday, Erica!! What a wonderful way to celebrate. I've never made a flan with cream cheese or condensed milk. I bet it tasted very rich and decadent!
🙂 HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ERICA 🙂
I wish you love, peace and health !
Yummy ! This dessert is wonderful ! We use to mix guava and cheese here, too. We call it "Romeo and Juliet" 😉
Jenn AKA The Leftover Queen
Happy Happy Birthday!!! This looks like a great bday treat!
I love Gauva...never heard of it incorporated into cheese cake like this...brilliant idea !
Erica, this flan looks and sounds great! Happy birthday Erica!
Happy Birthday! Que la pases delicioso hoy comiendo Flan de Bocadillo y Queso. Habra que hacerlo!
Miguel from NJ via Barranquilla
Happy birthday Erica, today is my wife's birthday also and I wound up on your site while looking for dish to cook for her this weekend. It's a toss up between this dessert and the meatball soup.
Blessings, enjoy your day,
Happy birthday to you! Have a wonderfu day, Erica!
The flan looks delicious and rich; I've not seen a flan like this before. Lovely!
Thank you everyone!
FELIZ COMPLEANOS ERICA......i love tour website.thank you so much.you have made me a very happy woman. i am colombian but y only new 3 dishes from our country. I can cook colombian now. I love you!!!!!!!!!!!God bless you! keep up the good work.
Happy Birthday to you Erica!
Happy Birthday Erica! Today is my son's birthday too. Hope your day was a good one.
I love flan and ate a lot of flan growing up in Miami. I think it is the creamy custard texture that just sends me to a happy place each time I enjoyed it. This recipe is a keeper.
Natasha - 5 Star Foodie
Happy birthday, Erica! Such a wonderful dessert to celebrate with!
Happy Birthday Erica!!! I wish I could share your birthday flan with you, it looks delish.
Happy belated birthday! What a nice treat to have flan on your birthday.
Happy birthday!!! I hope you have a fabulous, blessed, loved, and meaningful year!
Oh, and this flan looks absolutely stunning! And such a unique twist! AWESOME!
I never made Flan. It look delicious.
Thank you so much for all those lovely comments!
Dear Erica, I hope you had a wonderful birthday, and that all your wishes come true!
The flan looks wonderful, it reminds me of something I had with quinces in Spain, but guava sounds like a delightful birthday treat!
MUCHAS FELICIDADES , ESPERO LO PASE MUY BIEN Y QUE CUMPLA MUCHOS MAS
Feliz compleaños, Erica! (although a couple of days late!) Your birthday treat is a perfect way to celebrate - I hope you had a marvelous day!
Happy Birthday Erica!! Hugs to you. So sorry that I came by so late ;-( That is a beautiful dessert with one of my favorite fruits. All of your flans are beautiful.
Thank you everyone!!! I really appreciate it!
hi erica do you buy any chance have a recipe for flan de queso.
new mommy- Check the recipe for cheese and guava flan.
Se ve delicioso, lo voy a tratar!!!!
Que rico encontrar otra paisa que entiende lo que yo busco!!!
I made this flan. I love it and it so easy to make.
How many ramekins does this make: 4, 6, 8? The recipe provides no yield.