Quesadilla para el Desayuno (Breakfast Quesadilla)
- Cooking Spray or olive oil
- 4 small corn tortillas
- 3 scrambled eggs
- 1 small avocado peeled and diced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 to mato sliced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup shredded monterrey jack cheese
- On a work surface, spread 2 of the tortillas. Spoon half of the scrambled eggs over the bottom of each tortilla. Sprinkle half of the cheese.
- Top with another tortilla.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray over medium heat. Carefully place 1 quesadilla in pan and cook 2 minutes.
- Using a spatula, gently flip the quesadilla and cook an additional 2 minutes until lightly browned and the cheese is melted. Repeat with second quesadilla.
- In a small bowl: mix the avocado, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper. Top the quesadillas with tomato slices and avocado mixture. Serve immediately with your favorite salsa.
Corn and flour tortillas are a staple in my pantry. I love making quesadillas, enchiladas, tacos, homemade chips with salsa, burritos, etc. Quesadillas are a quick and delicious lunch, and the variations are endless. I made these quesadillas for breakfast just the other day and they were absolutely fantastic.