Pasta with Walnuts and Vegetable Sauce
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup of walnuts toasted
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ½ cup cream cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Asiago cheeseu2028
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound penne or other tubular pasta
- Make the sauce: Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. In a large fry pan over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Add the corn and peas and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the cream and cream cheese, stirring it with a wooden spoon. Bring to simmer, stirring occasionally.Remove from the heat and stir in the Asiago cheese, salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, add salt and pasta to the boiling water. Cook, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking, until al dente, according to the package instructions.
- Drain, reserving about ¼ cup of the cooking water. Add the pasta to the sauce along with the walnuts and stir to combine. Add the reserved cooking water, stir, and warm over low heat.
Have you Tried this Recipe? Tag me Today!Mention @mycolombianrecipes and tag #mycolombianrecipes!
Do you understand what I mean when I say this pasta dish tastes like the brightest spring day? The flavors are strong and bright, despite the simple ingredients, and the fact that you can make the whole dish really fast, makes this taste even better. Great meatless main dish and weeknight meal!
oh what a delicious mix!
Un plato de pasta estupendo!! Y es que la pasta es estupenda y combina bien con todo.
Feliz fin de semana.
A pasta dish that is fast and delicious, is definitely good in my book.
Hope all is well with you.
Love this pasta! Will make it soon, as I have a stash of walnuts in the freezer that need to be used up!
Erica, this looks wonderful! I have GOT to make it. Love that you've used walnuts in it too. Cream cheese, asiago and cream....YUM!
Fantastic combination, not something I have tried. 🙂
5 Star Foodie
The addition of walnuts is terrific here, such a delicious pasta!
Fast, fun and great!
Love this Pasta Erica and really I think like Spring! beauty! gloria
Simple, delicious and tasty. My family enjoyed.
The pasta dish is always easy to make and looks wonderful with all these colours and flavour.
love the pasta and with the walnuts that is a great treat !!!thanks Pierre