Spaghetti con Pollo y Salsa Criolla (Colombian-Style Spaghetti with Chicken)
- 1 pound thick spaghetti
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 4 cups of cooked and shredded chicken
- Queso fresco or parmesan cheese to serve
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 large tomatoes diced
- ½ cup red pepper diced
- ½ cup green pepper diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- Salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt the water and cook the pasta al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a large skillet heat the oil over medium heat. Add the salsa criolla ingredients and cook stirring often, for about 10 to 15 minutes or until the consistency is smooth. Set aside.
- Drain pasta and add to the skillet. Add the shredded chicken and pour chicken stock over the pasta and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the spaghetti to coat evenly with the sauce. Top with cheese and serve immediately.
Today I want to share with you a pasta dish that is popular in Colombia. It is very simple and quick to make and it is delicious. No, it is not an authentic Italian dish, but a Colombian version called Spaghetti con Pollo y Salsa Criolla.
There are a lot of Colombian pasta dishes that we make with our own touch and ingredients and this dish is one of them. I hope you all enjoy it!