Pasta with Butternut Squash Sauce
- 1 medium butternut squash peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- ¼ cup of grated onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Salt and pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ cup of vegetable stock
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 pound of cooked pasta
- Red pepper flakes to your taste (optional)
- Parmesan cheese to serve
- Place the oil in a large sauce pan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and onion. Saute 3 to 5 minutes until the onions are soft. Add the butternut squash, cinnamon, cumin and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the stock and cover. Cook over medium heat until the squash is soft, stirring occasionally, about 25 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream and cook for 10 minutes more. Combine sauce and pasta and toss well. Garnish with red pepper flakes and cheese. Serve warm.
Have you Tried this Recipe? Tag me Today!Mention @mycolombianrecipes and tag #mycolombianrecipes!
I made this Pasta with Butternut Squash dish the other night for dinner. It was delicious and super easy to make. The butternut squash sauce is creamy, sweet and a little spicy. It was just perfect.
Naturally sweetness and creaminess - perfection!
oh I love how you made this sauce! Great way to enjoy squash!
This is AWESOME! I love butternut squash and would ADORE it in pasta sauce!
I am sitting here, at this very moment, eating this fantastic dish! I love butternut squash just about any way you can think of to prepare it...and for years my standard Christmas day fare has included a butternut squash dish of about the consistency of mashed potatoes, made with cream, butter, rum and some spices. THIS dish is so outstanding that I am going to serve it this Christmas in place of my usual butternut squash preparation. Thanks!
Wow I bet the silky texture of butternut and the kick of the red pepper flake would make this taste so great.
MMmmm....a delightful dish indeed, I love quash and just happened to make some dishes using quash too! yours looks so good cook with pasta!
I love butternut squash and combined with the spices makes it really delicious and creamy.
5 Star Foodie
I love the pairing of pasta with butternut squash, the additions of cinnamon and cumin are terrific here!
Amber @ The Cook's Sister
Yum! Reading about this butternut squash pasta sauce is making me hungry! Love the combination of flavours!
what a delicious and unique sauce! i can always appreciate new ways to use butternut squash!
Platanos, Mangoes and Me!
I can taste it..looks so pretty...looks like confetti!
My husband made this today and we loved it. great flavor.
Thank you guys!