These Roasted Potatoes are made with papas criollas are a typical Colombian small yellow potatoes.
Papas Criollas are absolutely delicious and in Colombia we cook them in many different ways. Although this recipe entails roasting papas, fried papas are a very popular street food that is sold in paper bags by street vendors. In the United States I buy these potatoes frozen. You can find Papas Criollas in the Latin aisle at the supermarket or online in Amigosfood.com
Roasted Andean Potatoes (Papa Criolla Asada)
- 2 pounds frozen papa criolla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- In a large bowl mix the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Add the potatoes to the oil mixture and mix well until coated.
- Arrange the potatoes in a single layer in a baking sheet for about 40 minutes or until browned.
- Sprinkle with salt and serve
Potatoes recipes you may want to try