Figs, Cheese and Dulce de Leche Tarts (Pasteles de Brevas, Queso y Arequipe)
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry cut into 6 pieces
- 1 cup cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup queso fresco or Colombian fresh cheese quesito
- 1 cup arequipe or dulce de leche
- 3 brevas or Colombian style figs cut in half
- 1 beaten egg
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the puff pastry pieces on the baking sheet.
- Mix the cream cheese and queso fresco in a small bowl. Spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the pastry, leaving about 1 inch border.
- Add arequipe on top of the cheese and place half fig on top of the arequipe.
- Brush the edge of the tart with the egg. Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
Have you Tried this Recipe? Tag me Today!Mention @mycolombianrecipes and tag #mycolombianrecipes!
Do you remember these Colombian-style figs? The other day I made a huge batch of them and I had too many to eat, so I made this tart with what I had left over. It was easy to prepare and really, really good.
I've seen so many figs in the market lately that I now want to make this delicious looking tart. Yum!
This looks amazing! Can't wait to try it! Any left? 🙂
That looks and sounds truly delicious!
Oh my - this sounds incredible - a gorgeous melding of fruit and cheeses.
that blob of dulce de leche will draw me in every single time. 🙂
How gorgeous! Yes, the dulce de leche will do it every time!
I can only imagine how good this tastes!
Fig season is so far away but I can try it with dried figs. Yum this is great.
What a delicious flavor combination!
Thank you guys!
I just found a jar of brevas...anything with puff pastry is ok in this house. Looks beautiful...