Today I have two versions of Salpicón de Frutas Colombiano, the traditional one made with “Colombiana” a Colombian sparkling soda, and the other uses fresh watermelon juice. Both versions are absolutely delicious!
Salpicón de Frutas (Colombian Fruit Cocktail)
- 6 cups assorted fresh fruit such as pineapple, papaya, watermelon, mango, apple, banana, and seedless red grapes, cut into bite size pieces.
- 4 cups watermelon juice Colombiana.
- Vanilla ice cream optional
- Place cut fruit in a large bowl, pour juice over fruit and stir.
- To serve, spoon fruit cocktail into tall glasses and top with vanilla ice cream.
This simple and delicious Salpicón de Frutas Colombiano fruit cocktail is the perfect dessert in a summer day.