Salpicón de Frutas is a traditional Colombian dessert made with fresh fruit. This fruit cocktail is very refreshing and delicious. Salpicón can be top with vanilla ice cream or sweet condensed milk before serving. To make Colombian Salpicón you can used Colombiana a traditional Colombia soda or watermelon juice.
Today I have two versions of Salpicón de Frutas Colombiano, the traditional one made with “Colombiana” a Colombian sparkling soda, and the other uses fresh watermelon juice. Both versions are absolutely delicious!
Salpicón de Frutas (Colombian Fruit Cocktail)
- 6 cups assorted fresh fruit such as pineapple, papaya, watermelon, mango, apple, banana, and seedless red grapes, cut into bite size pieces.
- 4 cups watermelon juice or Colombiana (Colombian soda)
- Vanilla ice cream optional
- Place cut fruit in a large bowl, pour juice over fruit and stir.
- To serve, spoon fruit cocktail into tall glasses and top with vanilla ice cream.
More Colombian Desserts to make: