This summer has been very, very busy! With the kids home for the summer, sharing recipes on the blog and a lot of freelance work as well, I haven’t had the time to post new recipes as frequently as usual. But I promise, I’ll get back to normal soon!
So, now lets talk about this Shrimp, Avocado and Black Bean Salad. I am trying to incorporate healthy meals to my diet lately. A couple of weeks ago I made this salad and it was absolutely delicious. Plus, it’s simple and quick, requiring just 15 minutes to make, plus it’s entirely customizable.
If you’re looking for a simple and healthy lunch dish, this might be the one for you!
- 1 Head Romaine or Green Leaf Lettuce, chopped
- 1 pound of shrimp, cooked
- 1/2 English cucumber, sliced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 avocados, peeled and diced
- 1 cup of cooked black beans
- 1/ 4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime juice from 5 limes
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to your taste
- Split the lettuce between 4 salad bowls or plates. Equally divide the shrimp, cucumber, avocado, tomatoes and black beans over the lettuce. Alternatively, you can do this in one large salad bowl.
- To make the dressing, place the fresh cilantro, lime juice, white vinegar, ground cumin, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Mix well to combine and drizzle over the salad and serve.